NAMDRC to Convene in Sonoma, CA
The National Association for Medical Direction of Respiratory Care (NAMDRC) will hold its 35th Annual Meeting and Educational Conference in Sonoma, California, at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa from March 22 to 24, 2012. Registration is now open at www.namdrc.org.
The 2012 program, which was developed by NAMDRC President-Elect and longtime ATS member Dennis E. Doherty, MD, will focus on cutting-edge science and practical applications for pulmonary practices.
"In this time of uncertainty and rapid change in the national healthcare scene, the NAMDRC annual meeting’s format, content and the more casual discussions between colleagues outside of the meeting room are more relevant than ever," said Dr. Doherty, who is past chair of the ATS Council of Chapter Representatives. "Attendees can expect detailed and spirited discussion regarding legislative and regulatory issues directly impacting respiratory medicine. This conference will be practical, with cutting-edge and evidence-based lectures centering on points that can be utilized in day-to-day practice."
As always, the NAMDRC encourages attendee participation in the program. The organization will also continue to use the interactive audio response system feature that was introduced at its 2010 annual meeting.
Among the topics and speakers schedule for 2012 are:
- Pulmonary Hypertension–Nick H. Kim, MD
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension–William R. Auger, MD
- Interstitial Lung Disease Talk Centering on Sarcoidosis–Kevin Gibson, MD
- The Future of Sleep Medicine–Barbara Phillips, MD, MSPH, FCCP
- Institute of Medicine Perspectives of National Health Policy and the Impact on Pulmonary Medicine–Judith A. Salerno, MD, MS
- New Science Driving the Early Detection, Prevention and Treatment of Lung Cancer–Steven M. Dubinett, MD
- Long-Term Ventilation: Management and Newer Technologies–Neil R. MacIntyre, MD
- Washington Update–Phillip Porte, NAMDRC Executive Director
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation & Evidence-Based Outcomes (Walter O’Donohue Lecture)–Christine M. Garvey, FNP, MSN, MPA, FAACVPR
- Futile and Non-Beneficial Treatment: Seeking a Standard of Medical Care: Where Do We Stand?–Larry J. Schneiderman, MD
- Hypothermia Post-Arrest and Other Nuances About Critical Care Procedures–Susan Stein, MD
- ALI/ARDS: 2012 Update–Michael A. Matthay, MD
- Practice Management Update 2011–Steve G. Peters, MD
- Update in Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Coding 2011–Alan L. Plummer, MD
- Hospital Safety and Quality Assessment Components: Their Impact on the Pulmonary World–Timothy I. Morgenthaler, MD